Hunua School

Digital Learning in Room 3 through Google Classrooms
Students experience their learning in a variety of ways, from hands-on experiences to written activities and on-line learning.  In Room 3 we use Google Classrooms, learning accessed through our Weekly Planner, group spreadsheets and gmail. This means students to be able to access much of their learning tasks anywhere - home, school and beyond!

Students will be to able to access learning tasks, including: maths, reading, writing, Inquiry, RiCH Values, as well as each students planner.

If you would like to know more about our Blended Learning using Google Classroom, there is further information below.

Google Classroom ~ Blended Learning ~ A guide for ParentsScreen Shot 2016-09-23 at 11.43.13 AM.png

Digital learning provides the students with a range of tools for communication, collaboration, learning task submission, time management and document storage, plus many more features.

Here is an overview of how students can access learning tasks in Google Classroom:

Google classroom can be accessed by going to https://classroom.google.com or by navigating to the google apps button and clicking on ‘Classroom’

Students log into their school google account:

E.g: ____@hunua.school.nz

Room 3’s Google Classroom contains Learning Tasks Boxes:

Inquiry, RiCH Values, Maths, Reading, Writing, Spelling, etc.

If you click on one of the Learning Task Boxes, such as reading, this is what students can see.

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 12.00.17 PM.png

Students can find their tasks in each Learning Task Box.

This can include texts, docs, photos, videos.

The task will have information about the due date and instructions of how to complete the task. It will show the teacher how many students have completed the task and how many are due to hand in.

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 12.05.07 PM.png

In the Organisation and Planning Box students can find the Daily Plan and Weekly Overview to plan their day.

They are able to make a copy of the Daily Plan to start planning at the start of a week.

Students are also able to see when learning tasks are due by navigating to the Calendar.

During the holidays, students will be able to continue their learning progress by completing learning tasks and submitting them in our Google Classroom Learning Task Boxes.

The teacher is able to check their tasks, provide feedback and mark students’ learning tasks.