Hunua School

Room 2

Term 4, Week 5

We have had a busy week again of assessments along with our usual timetable.

Jump Jam – Each day the children are outside participating in jump-jam. This gets the children energised to begin their day, along with giving them regular daily exercise.

Junior Singing - The juniors continue to learn their christmas songs to entertain the senior citizens at their party, and I have to say they are sounding good.

Senior Athletics – Year 4’s from our class participated in the senior athletics day. All the children gave it their best with some great results. Well done Year 4’s

Maths – We have focused on fractions this week to consolidate our learning. The children have made fractions from lego, drawn and written fractions. Added them together and taken them away.

Homework – This is on google classroom and a hard copy glued into homework books. Spelling will be given out on Monday to learn for a test on Friday.

________________________________________________________________________________

Room 2

Term 4, Week 3

We have had a busy week of assessments along with are usual timetable

Junior Singing - The juniors are busy learning four christmas songs to entertain the senior citizens at their party. This is something the junior school have taken part in for many years.

Paper Planes - As part of a writing assessment the children made and flew paper planes. The children then had to write a descriptive piece of writing on their experience. A lot of fun was had by all which was shown in their writing.

MakerSpace Room - This is a great space for the children to collaborate and solve challenges. One group managed to build a solar robot and get it working, others made circuits to make lights work, cars move and motors to run. While other groups built items from K-nex 

On Friday the seniors had a fundraising day to help pay towards their camps. Everyone was invited to come dressed in halloween costumes and donate a gold coin. The students looked awesome as witches, ghosts, devils to name but a few.  

Kapahaka - Children in the kapahaka  group met at 12 on Friday

Welcome to term . We have an exciting term with lots happening, especially with the Rio Olympics being our main topic for the term.

Room 2 have looked at what the olympic rings mean, what the history is of the Olympics, athletes and their sports along with the countries themselves. The students are very involved in their learning and are finding out lots of interesting facts.

We have had crosscountry this term in which all the children did very well. Go Room 2!!!!!!

Auckland Live 20th September when the students get to go behind the scenes at the Civic Theatre

The opening of the STEAM room is on 23rd September

Room 2 are now part of ChapterChat, this is for year 3/4 students. We have a selected book     (Judy Bloome's Tale of a fourth grade nothing) of which we read 4 chapters a week. We have activities and questions to answer each week through twitter as many schools throughout New Zealand take part This is closely monitored by the teacher.